Motor Injury Claim

Motor Vehicle Accident Injury Claims

What is a motor injury claim?

motor injury claim would be a compensation claim for any motor accident (resulting in your injuries) that wasn’t your fault. Motor vehicles can include cars, vans, motorcycles, buses, taxis, lorries, mopeds, bicycles, or other vehicles. The premise would be that the driver of another vehicle caused an accident that harmed you.

Even if they stop their vehicle to check on you and exchange details, you could still claim for your injuries. As for the injuries themselves, these could range from minor fractures to permanent, life-changing damage. In extreme cases, you may even be claiming on behalf of someone who sadly died, due to the accident. This could be a child, or someone who lacks the mental capacity to claim.

As for how accidents could happen, it may be that the road conditions are not maintained as they are supposed to be and vehicles crash because of potholes, for instance. It may be that the other vehicle is speeding and knocking you over because they did not slow down. Whatever the cause might be, if your injuries are due to someone else’s negligence, you could have the right to seek compensation. Why not reach out to our panel Solicitors if you have any queries about making a motor injury claim?

How safe are the UK’s roads?

The UK’s roads can, unfortunately, be the location for many accidents on an annual basis. For instance, according to the Government’s annual statistics, there were 1,760 reported road deaths in Great Britain up to June 2022. Furthermore, in the same report, it was revealed that 29,804 people were killed or seriously injured. Finally, when accounting for casualties of all severities up to June 2022, the figure stands at 137,013.

As you will realize, road accidents remain all too common. If you happen to suffer injuries from a road accident that was not your fault, you might choose to file a motor injury claim. Motor accident claims can be made for various reasons. To make a valid injury claim from a car accident, another road user needs to have breached their duty of care, resulting in your injury.

Below are some examples of typical circumstances…

  • Car collision:  For example, a driver was driving above the speed limit and lost control of the car, causing a crash. If another party was injured, this could lead to a motor accident claim against the negligent driver.
  • Passenger:  If you are a passenger in a car, bus, taxi, or other vehicle and injured due to the negligence of your own driver and the third-party driver.
  • Bad road conditions: If a car hits a large pothole unexpectedly, the driver may crash. The claim would be directed towards the party responsible for keeping the road safe, such as the council.
  • A car hitting a pedestrian: Pedestrians are considered to be the most vulnerable road users, so other road users are expected to take extra care around them.
  • A cyclist hit by a car: A cyclist being hit by a car could lead to a motor accident claim if the negligent driver caused them to be injured.
  • Hit by an uninsured driver: In certain scenarios, the driver responsible for the accident and for your injuries may be uninsured. You may be concerned this means you cannot make an injury claim from that car accident. In such a case, you could be able to claim compensation for your losses by making an MIB claim.

    This list is not exhaustive. If you have been injured some other way, you could potentially still be eligible to claim.

This list is not exhaustive. If you have been injured some other way, you could potentially still be eligible to claim.

Car Accident Compensation

A successful claim for a car accident compensation could consist of:

General damages: An amount to compensate you for the pain and suffering that your injuries have caused.

Special damages: An amount to compensate you for any financial losses that are caused by your injuries.

If you are claiming compensation for an injury in a car accident that happened in England or Wales, then contact our panel Solicitors to see if you can begin your claim.